In line with the GDPR guidelines, we will only process your data after your consent or contractual necessity.
1) What Data We Collect
We may collect and process the following personal data that you supply to us, including:
- Your full name (first and second name).
- Your date of birth.
- Your home address (and workplace address if your employer will be paying for your course).
- Your email address.
- Your contact telephone number.
- The name and contact number of your emergency contact.
- We may collect your ULN (Unique Learner Number), or collect your name, address and date of birth to gain your ULN from the LRS (Learning Records Service).
- Information that you provide to us when you enquire about joining a course.
- If enquiring about joining a course, we may collect information on your past qualifications.
- We may collect sensitive information such as whether you have any special needs or are Deaf/hearing etc. We may request official documentation to prove your special needs.
- If you provide services to Teach Me Sign, we may collect information on employment history and qualifications.
- Your username and password for Teach Me Sign’s Student Space.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- If you pay for Teach Me Sign services, we will keep a record of what payments you have made.
- If we pay for your services, we will keep a record of your bank details, and what payment we have made.
- Providing you have given consent, your photograph may be taken for use in Teach Me Sign’s marketing, website, or course information guides.
- If we issue you with a refund, we will collect your bank details to make a payment.
We collect your personal data using enrolment forms for our courses. Supplementary data may be collected via email communication, telephone calls, or face-to-face interaction. You will always be notified when we intend to store your data.
2) How We Treat Your Data
We may use the information you have provided in the following ways:
- To provide you with services that you have requested from Teach Me Sign. For example, connected with registration to a BSL course, or request for a tutorial.
- To communicate with you in regards to the service.
- To provide the service to you.
- Internal record keeping
- To register you as a student with the relevant exam board.
- Should you request reasonable adjustments for an exam, we may share sensitive information with the exam board. We may share the official documentation provided by you with the exam board to confirm the validity of your request
- We may share your information with the exam board should they request it.
- To gain access to your ULN (Unique Learner Number) from LRS (Learning Records Service).
- To ensure any accredited qualification you gain from the exam board is valid.
- To contact you about future courses.
- To notify you of any important changes to our services.
- To advise you about events connected with Teach Me Sign.
We will not sell or license any of your personal information to any third party.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To provide you with any services you have purchased if this is necessary.
- If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
When you have a username or password (or other ID information) which enables you to access certain services via our online Student Space, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone. We will not share your account information with anyone – if we do we will inform you beforehand.
Any personal information provided by you is stored on secure, password protected computer systems with up to date anti-virus software. Any physical copies of your data are stored within secured cabinets.
Please be aware that data sent over the internet is never completely secure. Though we do our best to protect your data, using anti-virus software, we cannot guarantee the safety of the information transmitted. Once we receive your data, we implement strict procedures to ensure data is protected.
Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include documents of identification to verify your identity. Please allow up to 30 working days for a response.
Please be aware that there may be certain exceptions in which making all information available to you will not be possible; such as when disclosing information would reveal personal data about another person, if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information, or if your request is unreasonable or excessive etc.
We encourage you to contact us to let us know if any of your personal information is not up to date. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request that Teach Me Sign delete your personal data where, for example, the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, where you withdraw your consent to us using your information, or your information has been unlawfully processed. If you would like to request that your personal data be deleted, please contact us at email@example.com.
International Data Transfers
Your personal data will not be transferred to any organisations outside of the European Union. This is to ensure that the level of protection your data has under the GDPR is not undermined.
Our website or social medias may contain links to other third-party organisations. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.