- Use your voice to translate from BSL to English and English to BSL to a good standard
- Develop your signing to a professional standard
- Prepare yourself to become a CSW
- Analyse BSL signing and spot BSL linguistics as they are used
- Improve confidence in using BSL and develop your speed
- Develop your voice skills when working with Deaf people
Unit 1 Outcomes
Understand Extended Signed Language in a Range of Work Contexts
The aim of this unit is to enable students to understand information from a range of sources, and follow discussions, debates and arguments in most aspects of work-related and social contexts. You will extend your BSL vocabulary and be familiar with most regional signs and will be able to distinguish the style and formality of signs.
Unit 3 Outcomes
Exploring Linguistics in British Sign Language
Unit Three provides an introduction to the study of language structure and linguistics. You will learn how languages are structured differently depending on area, and why languages are different. You will understand characteristics of BSL and how it can be analysed.
- Fully accredited by iBSL
- Supportive and engaging teaching to ensure a brilliant learning experience along with online resource
- Ideal for anyone who has completed level 3 with iBSL
- Ideal for CSW's and aspiring interpreters
- Receptive skills
- Presentational skills
- Conversation skills
- Voiceover training and listening training
- Linguistics knowledge
- Linguistics writing and DVD
- Research Deaf issues, such as Deaf life, Deaf employment, Deaf history etc.
Unit 2 Outcomes
Sign Using Extended Sign Language in a Range of Work Situations
This unit enables learners to handle most aspects of day-to-day work, including unpredictable situations. You will learn to communicate confidently in an easily understandable way. Students will be able to deal with non-routine telephone or video calls.
Feature of Your Online Course
As a student of Teach Me Sign, you will have access to amazing online resources such as videos, quizzes and tests that will help practice your signing from the comfort of your own home to ensure your learning experience is a successful one.
We never compromise quality; your online learning will be of the same high standard we use in all our classes. We encourage and support our student’s and are on hand to contact via email or phone.